Hidden on Campus: Fern Tor and St. Ann’s
One requirement of being a student at Marist is spending time and taking photos by the river. What many students do not know, though, is that there is another photogenic spot hidden behind Gartland.
St. Ann’s Hermitage and surrounding Fern Tor Nature Preserve were purchased by the Marist Brothers in 1905.
Today, the hermitage is used by the ROTC.
The hermitage and exterior buildings are all within the Fern Tor Nature Preserve.
The trails within the Fern Tor preserve offer views of the river as well as a pond within the preserve.
Fern Tor and the Hermitage are a scenic alternative for students who have one too many pictures of the Hudson or are looking to spend some time in nature.↑ Back to top